Dividend Distribution Policy
- Dividends distribution
The annual net profits of the Company shall be distributed as follows:
- 10% of the net profits shall be retained to form the statutory reserve of the Company. The Ordinary General Assembly may discontinue such retention if the reserve reaches 30% of the paid capital.
- Under a proposal by the Board of Directors, the Ordinary General Assembly may set aside 10% of the net profits to form a consensual reserve to be allocated for a certain purpose or certain purposes.
- The Ordinary General Assembly may resolve to form other reserves in a manner that serves the Company’s interest or ensures, as far as possible, consistent distribution of dividends to shareholders. The said Assembly may also deduct amounts from the net profits to establish social institutions for the Company’s employees or to assist existing ones.
- The remaining shares shall be distributed to the shareholders.
- The Company may distribute interim dividends to its shareholders and authorize the Board of Directors to undertake such a task.
A shareholder shall be entitled to its share of dividends in accordance with the resolution issued by the General Assembly in such regard. The resolution shall indicate the due date and the date of distribution. Shareholders registered in the shareholders’ register shall be entitled to the dividends at the end of the day specified as a due date.
Dividends declared and distributed by the Company:
Dividend Distribution (2018 – 2022)
2018 2019 2020 2021 2022 Net Profit of the Year (million) 611 692 849 813 888 1st Dividends distribution Amount (million) 200 200 200 800 300 2nd Dividends distribution Amount (million) 300 335 460 – 390 Total Dividends distribution Amount (million) 500 535 660 800 690 Dividend Per Share “1st Dividends distribution” (SAR per share) 1.54 1.54 1.54 6.15 2.31 Dividend Per Share “2nd Dividends distribution” (SAR per share) 2.31 2.58 3.54 0.00 3.00 Dividend Per Share “Total Dividends distribution” (SAR per share) 3.85 4.12 5.08 6.15 5.31 Earnings Per Share “EPS” (SAR per share) 4.70 5.32 6.53 6.25 6.83 Dividend Per Share “DPS” (SAR per share) 3.85 4.12 5.08 6.15 5.31 Dividend Payout Percentage (% of Net Profit) 82% 77% 78% 98% 78%
Source: The Company.
Article Forty-Eight: The Entitlement to Dividends
A shareholder shall be entitled to its share of dividends in accordance with the resolution issued by the General Assembly in such regard. The resolution shall indicate the date of entitlement and the date of distribution. The entitlement to dividends shall be for the owners of shares registered in the shareholders’ records at the end of the day specified for entitlement.